Author Topic: Organisation of the homepage  (Read 1077 times)

SAS Virtual

• View Profile
Organisation of the homepage
« on: October 29, 2015, 10:12:03 AM »
Hi all,
At the moment, the panels on the homepage are aligned in rows, and so if one item, such as the latest flights and twitter feed, is larger (taller) than the others, then everything is pushed downwards. Bootstrap has full support for this, using col-8-md elements, so it might make more sense to have everything aligned in that way, rather than rows
An example of this can be found on my (somewhat working) VA site, flima.co.uk

I'd assume that this wouldn't be too much issue, and should you want it, I will gladly help with the project. Keep up the good work!

Alex

VAM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virtual Airlines Manager
Re: Organisation of the homepage
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 10:04:49 PM »
Hi all,
At the moment, the panels on the homepage are aligned in rows, and so if one item, such as the latest flights and twitter feed, is larger (taller) than the others, then everything is pushed downwards. Bootstrap has full support for this, using col-8-md elements, so it might make more sense to have everything aligned in that way, rather than rows
An example of this can be found on my (somewhat working) VA site, flima.co.uk

I'd assume that this wouldn't be too much issue, and should you want it, I will gladly help with the project. Keep up the good work!

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the suggestion, also I want to do a mor simple template, in order to avoid separate some sql and calculation from the pure presentation code.
I like a lot your changes in your VA, very clean and minimalistic, this is the style I like. Very clear and easy to read.

Keep in contact by mail for collaboration
VAM Creator and programmer.