Author Topic: New Web for VAM  (Read 5939 times)

VAM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virtual Airlines Manager
New Web for VAM
« on: October 26, 2015, 11:41:31 PM »
Dear All,

a new web is since now available for VAM. With hti snew web I want to provide a better presentation of VAM project to the comunity.
New installers, hot fix and tutorilas will be added to the new web.

http://virtualairlinesmanager.net/
VAM Creator and programmer.

le4pfrog

• View Profile
Re: New Web for VAM
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 01:53:29 AM »
You also rebuilt www.simacars.net which both seem to be a copy / ripoff of the new vaBase website http://www.vabase.com!

People are already talking about this in the community, you cant just rip others off it makes you look terrible, i certainly wont be using VAM anymore!

VAM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 08:04:06 AM »
You also rebuilt www.simacars.net which both seem to be a copy / ripoff of the new vaBase website http://www.vabase.com!

People are already talking about this in the community, you cant just rip others off it makes you look terrible, i certainly wont be using VAM anymore!

Hi, it is better than you inform your self  before talk speaking and accuse. Let me explain you a couple of things:

1.- The web for simacars.net is based on a free tempalte from http://themes.3rdwavemedia.com/ in fact it this free template http://themes.3rdwavemedia.com/website-templates/devaid-free-bootstrap-theme-developers/ in addition to that I respected the link of the template creator, please have alook to the footer of simcars.net web. In other hand vabase did not respect that link for the same free template

2.- SIM ACARS web was launched in July 2015, see my post in my personal blog (it is in Spanish) but you can sreenshots and use google translator to get the translation http://pilotovirtual.net/2015/07/11/web-dedicada-a-sim-acars/

Now you can think I stolen vabase ideas and look and feel with VAM and the SIM ACARS website

3.- Looking to the screenshot from vabase I see this tool is also using bootstrap for the web layout, I supose you do not know what is bootstrap. vabase web looks similar to VAM due to bootstrap css framework, see this link where I published almost one year ago the new look and feel for VAM see this link  from june 2013 http://pilotovirtual.net/2013/06/09/pre-release-gva-2-0/ also see that the VAM system (before I called it GVA) had the same funtinality but without bootstrap see this post from more than 2 years ago http://pilotovirtual.net/2013/06/09/pre-release-gva-2-0/ 

Also you can see some anotuncements I did many month and years ago about the porject:

http://pilotovirtual.net/?s=vam
http://pilotovirtual.net/?s=gva

Just to finish and looking vabase web I see vabase has the runway information and the metar information for the airports, that is exactly the same as I provided in VAM 2.4 in July 2015, so looking that it is the exactly the same I think vabase copied this feature from VAM, no problem for me it means that vabase creator like VAM and it is using it to get inspiration and ideas  ;)

My understanding of your complain is that you are linked / affiliated to vabase in some way (the ip address from where you posted is from UK and vabase is also from UK some at least one coincidence) , vabase is a payware tool but VAM and simacars are totally free and maybe this is affecting you or your profits/interests , specialy when VAM and SIM ACARS is becoming popular in the sim community.

Thanks for being monitoring the web

Good luck with vabase  ;) ;D
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 08:10:38 AM by VAM »

le4pfrog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 10:17:40 AM »
Then i apologise if this isn't the case, but you have to admit even your wording looks similar regardless of template....

And no im not part of vBase, i am just looking for a free acars as i cannot afford to pay but noticed sim acars website..
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 10:19:15 AM by le4pfrog »

VAM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 11:04:22 AM »
Then i apologise if this isn't the case, but you have to admit even your wording looks similar regardless of template....

And no im not part of vBase, i am just looking for a free acars as i cannot afford to pay but noticed sim acars website..

well I would say that vabase web is using similar wording as simacars because simacars web was published in July and vabase only a couple of weeks ago. So in any case is vabase who is using simacars wording as inspiration  ;D. For me it is not a problem if they like my style and copy some features (for example it is 100% clear runway and METAR information is a 100% copy from VAM 2.4 released in July )and look and feel, this means that VAM and SIM ACARS is becoming a reference for the VA and fly-sim comunity. I am in peace with my conscious because I do not copy from other, with VAM and simcras I have the freedom to develop what I want and how I want, no looking to others, just concentrating in my work and ideas, I do not try to copy or emulate others system, I have my own style and my own way of doing. I started VAM 4 or 5 years ago, at the beginning the system was very primitive but passing the time it has been re-designed in all aspects.

In any case I still do not understand your complain, because SIM ACARS and VAM offer what you need for free, I am not interested in get money for my work.
At the same time I understand that vaBase or similar payware system can be worried due to VAM and SIM ACARS are more powerful BUT FREE.

VAM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 09:28:24 PM »

Finally something to add here, today I received an email from someone from vabase.com organization acusing me that I copied the web.In fact he was requesting to remove and trying to scare me with a link to some British law (that email looks like a bad joke)

I demostrated in this forum and by mail that I did not copy, even more I would say that simcars.net and some VAM concepts were copied. This is clear and that person from vabase has accepted his mistake.

But le4pfrog please do not lie me and to the rest of the forum users, you are part of the vabase.com organization, I tracked your IP in the forum and from your emails and it is exactly the same IP.

Surreal situation!! , I really think  that is a bad re-start of vabase: the lie is not the path for doing the things well  ;) even more if you try to get some economic profit.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 09:36:59 PM by VAM »

ARV187

• View Profile
    • Argavirtual aerolĂ­neas
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 11:18:53 AM »
Hahaha, well, the best is registrate in their forum and post a official announcement saying this. If their authors dont say the true...

Sorry by my english.

ImmortalBajan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 06:18:20 PM »
Great looking home page

mkdir

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2015, 07:11:40 PM »
Wow! Complaining that someone else uses the same open source template as you do... pathetic. Especially since it's one of the most popular templates available on the internet.
What next, complaining that both software were coded on PHP?

xlnflo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2015, 08:33:15 AM »
Great job, good page.

Wow. I don't understand the world ... why can people with the same hobby and the same interest not work together.
Both projects will benefit from the work of each other, I suppose.

YYZ342

• If I could only stop flying toy air planes...
    • View Profile
    • NiA Virtual Airline Group
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2015, 02:56:41 AM »
Don't let them trolls get to you, it looks great, works great.  ;) I for one look forward to sticking around VAM for some time.
Cheers
niavirtual.com
XP 10.42
i7-5820k 3.3Mhz
GTX 970 4GB
HyperX Fury 32GB 2133Mhz DDR4
Samsung EVO 850 250GB SSD
MSI X99S SLI PLUS
Windows 10

hecrowell

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2015, 10:41:02 PM »
I am very new to the world of VA Management systems and have tried a few. I am excited about VAM and am about to install it on my VA website.
Don't bother your head about unfounded accusation remarks from others - often they are merely searching for attention. Its a sign of insecurity.
Great work on VAM and thank you for making it free and open source. Your efforts are much appreciated here.

VAM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2015, 04:27:23 PM »
I am very new to the world of VA Management systems and have tried a few. I am excited about VAM and am about to install it on my VA website.
Don't bother your head about unfounded accusation remarks from others - often they are merely searching for attention. Its a sign of insecurity.
Great work on VAM and thank you for making it free and open source. Your efforts are much appreciated here.

Hi and welcome to VAM wrold :-)
Thansk for your words, also thanks to everybody who trust in me here.

UweK

• View Profile
    • Terra-Fly VA IVAO Certified
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2015, 09:17:55 PM »
I think VAM is a great program and I will try to make it a little bit more popular in germany. We are a IVAO certified VA and maybe I can make a litlle advertising :)

Regards Uwe

VAM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2015, 12:43:30 AM »
I think VAM is a great program and I will try to make it a little bit more popular in germany. We are a IVAO certified VA and maybe I can make a litlle advertising :)

Regards Uwe

I will really appreciate it. Thanks for your comment. By the way I love to flight in IVAO over Germany, always a lot of ATC online  :)