Author Topic: Pilot or copilot  (Read 1148 times)

X-Line VA

• View Profile
Pilot or copilot
« on: October 15, 2015, 11:04:30 PM »
We are a VA using X-Plane only and we want to implement Smartcopilot (shared cockpit) to our VA.

Is there a possibility to add a checkbox to SIM ACARS to see if you are the pilot or the copilot?
Only the pilot in command can book the flight, so it needs to be check automatically when it is a sceduled flight, but if a copilot joins, the copilot leaves it unchecked.
We can then also use this for training (instructor and student).

Or maybe you have a better, more simple idea how to solve this.

This would be a nice feature for our VA.

VAM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virtual Airlines Manager
Re: Pilot or copilot
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 01:33:44 PM »
I am starting to use XPLANE, usually I use FSX. Can you provide more info and url about that ? is a plugin?
VAM Creator and programmer.

X-Line VA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 03:49:20 PM »
Yes, it is a plugin. It allows 2 people to connect their X-Planes and do a shared cockpit. So one can be the captain and one the first officer.
It is also possible to do trainings with it, the instructor can sit next to the srudent and can follow every move.

You can find it here

VAM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virtual Airlines Manager
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 12:52:53 PM »
Yes, it is a plugin. It allows 2 people to connect their X-Planes and do a shared cockpit. So one can be the captain and one the first officer.
It is also possible to do trainings with it, the instructor can sit next to the srudent and can follow every move.

You can find it here

OKL I take note of that and will analize if it can be integrated within SIM ACARS
VAM Creator and programmer.