Author Topic: SmartCARS  (Read 8058 times)

mattsmith

• View Profile
    • Scot Air
SmartCARS
« on: October 14, 2015, 09:42:48 AM »
Does smartCARS work with VAM?
scotait.tk

VAM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virtual Airlines Manager
Re: SmartCARS
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 08:11:58 PM »
Does smartCARS work with VAM?

No, and for the moment I do not have plans to integrate SMART ACARS in VAM. In fact I do not see any advantage in SMART ACARS compared with SIM ACARS, even more SMART ACARS is payware and SIM ACARS is free ;-)
VAM Creator and programmer.

gforce800

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 12:04:56 AM »
Hi, i do not think that SIM ACARS is bad, i actually think it is pretty good, but many good airlines are using SMART CARS and the virtual pilots are loving it because it is very simple to use, please consider that function.
Best regards,
Felix Riehle

julianrodes

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Air Comet
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 04:44:10 PM »
Hi, i do not think that SIM ACARS is bad, i actually think it is pretty good, but many good airlines are using SMART CARS and the virtual pilots are loving it because it is very simple to use, please consider that function.
Best regards,
Felix Riehle

Thanks for your advice, shall be taken into account and Alejandro will assess whether the incopora to VAM

technotron3

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2016, 03:34:03 PM »
Hello, I am part of a VA that wants Smartcars but not phpvms. there are many reasons airlines and pilots alike love Smartcars. The system gives more features than any other acars out there, and is supported very well by its developer.

Important for VAs
It is a proven system that transferring pilots are familiar with.
It has a Customized interface for VA's logos, icons, and color scheme. (Do my knowledge, Sim Acars does not have.)
Pilot chat-Every major airlines has those set of pilots who stay off teamspeak, so its nice to talk to them through the chat box.

Important for Pilots
Again, many pilots are already familiar with it.
It is automatically set for your virtual airline when you install it. (sim acars requires setup)
you can quickly search, and book a flight through smartcars.
GPWS included
Sound packs
even a a flight sim radio.
Pause at top of decent feature

Ive stated my case and pointed out many Pros for using Smartcars. If one day Simacars had all these features, Id use it, but for now Smacrtcars bring out more professionalism in our va than what simacars can provide at this time.

VAM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virtual Airlines Manager
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 08:13:00 AM »
Hello, I am part of a VA that wants Smartcars but not phpvms. there are many reasons airlines and pilots alike love Smartcars. The system gives more features than any other acars out there, and is supported very well by its developer.

Important for VAs
It is a proven system that transferring pilots are familiar with.
It has a Customized interface for VA's logos, icons, and color scheme. (Do my knowledge, Sim Acars does not have.)
Pilot chat-Every major airlines has those set of pilots who stay off teamspeak, so its nice to talk to them through the chat box.

Important for Pilots
Again, many pilots are already familiar with it.
It is automatically set for your virtual airline when you install it. (sim acars requires setup)
you can quickly search, and book a flight through smartcars.
GPWS included
Sound packs
even a a flight sim radio.
Pause at top of decent feature

Ive stated my case and pointed out many Pros for using Smartcars. If one day Simacars had all these features, Id use it, but for now Smacrtcars bring out more professionalism in our va than what simacars can provide at this time.

Hi I get your points and agree on some of them I would like to remark some points regarding SMARACARS and SMART ACARS
  • but in my opinion SIM ACARS tracks with more detail the flight parameters. As a virtual pilot I am more interrested in a detailed reports and graph than in other "funny" features like a radio or chat. No real pilot listen the radio or chat while he/she is flying
  • SIM ACARS is free but SAMRT ACARS no
  • With SIM ACARS pilots can report flights for differents VA but SAMRT ACARS no
  • SIM ACARS is portable no need ans installation so you have the control of what files are involved in your system also you can get the folder with the exe and data and transfer to other computer
  • SIM ACARS stores the flights in a local data base, so pilots not flying for a VA can use it as a personal flight tracker and can retrieve informaiton about all his/her flights. SMARTS ACARS does not store the flights as far as I know
  • SIM ACARS is extreamly easy to use

Also SIM ACARS is younger only 1 year ago was relased but with many features and many more to come, so it is still a software in continuos improvement.

Regarding integrate SMART ACARS into VAM, maybe in the future but I prefer to invest my time to add more features to VAM and SIM ACARS than to integrate an other acars that is not free. As you know VAM and SIM ACARS are free so I put my effort on free features rather than integarte a payware software.

Thanks
VAM Creator and programmer.

Edward Lam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 07:43:16 AM »
I am more than happy to stay with Sim acars if the aircraft can remain it's location in regular flight so that we don't need to purchase many aircrafts,  and the bug in financial module can be fixed

luismoraes132

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2018, 06:49:38 PM »
Can anyone tell me if VAM 2.6 is accepting integration with Smartcars?

arcade

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2018, 04:57:56 PM »
It is not integrated with Smartcars if yo wanna use smartcars you need to use Phpvms or you need to change your self a lot of lines.