Author Topic: Release VAM 2.5 & SIM ACARS 1.4.0  (Read 7843 times)

VAM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virtual Airlines Manager
Release VAM 2.5 & SIM ACARS 1.4.0
« on: October 11, 2015, 06:12:11 AM »
Release VAM 2.5 & SIM ACARS 1.4.0

is available since now.

In case you are using VAM 2.4 please read  the documentation carefylly, there are many changes in this version.

New security actions are appplied during the login. To get the correct security options for the administration after update your VAM 2.4 to VAM 2.5 logoff and login again.

VAM 2.5

Each aircraft can be assigned to a hub
Each route can be assigned to a hub , new fields in routes.
Information on each hub (piltos, fleet, routes ...) detailed on the web
Detailed information for each aircraft type: added the ability to add features of each aircraft type: PAX, Weights, Cargo, crew ... This information is visible from the fleet pages
Tours: new module. Administrators can create tours and stages of each tour.
Assing an image to each pilot rank. These images are visible in the list of pilots.
Administrators can give selective access to various modules by type of user. For example you can create a user type "fleet manager" this type of users will only have access to creating fleet.
New Finance Module
New management module medals
Pilots can upload your photo to their profile
Aircraft can be used in charter flights
New statistics at VA level.
Visual improvements.

SIM ACARS 1.4

Integration of Live flight map
Editable route if a scheduled flight is booked
Detection of bad settings of QNH and its penalty
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 05:51:40 PM by VAM »
VAM Creator and programmer.

sabahassani

• View Profile
Re: Release VAM 2.5 & SIM ACARS 1.4.0
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 11:43:31 AM »
Great work Alejandro
just one problem.
where is the link to admin panel?!!
Regards

ImmortalBajan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 04:06:53 PM »
Updating and i found lang_cs.php,lang_en.php,lang_es.php,lang_fr.php in modified files/vam but its not in my normal folder.
I don't know if it was meant to be in the new files folder when you released it.

elfrost

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 04:34:26 PM »
Great work Alejandro
just one problem.
Regards

I installed new ver. but i'm looking for same thing .... where is the admin panel?

VAM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 05:46:48 PM »
Great work Alejandro
just one problem.
Regards

I installed new ver. but i'm looking for same thing .... where is the admin panel?

To get the new rights you have to log off and login again in VAM. Is during the login when the new security functions are applied.
Let me know if this solves the issue.

elfrost

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 06:04:33 PM »
 :-\ nah, cannot see any admin panel.
was working with an oldest version, did fresh install of this release.
i use the admin user and it says that im in the admin group (staff)

sabahassani

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2015, 09:31:24 PM »
I did managed to correct the permissions in user_type table.
now there is a new problem.when i click on the administration link the following error occurs!

Not Found

The requested URL /VAM_2.5_v20151011/vamcore/Gvausers was not found on this server.

elfrost

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2015, 10:40:23 PM »
I can see "system" but it does nothing when I click on.
it goes there ../vam/index_vam.php where I can see my profile and thats it.

Is the 2.4 version still available? I would make a test to compare

mkdir

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2015, 05:08:33 PM »
now there is a new problem.when i click on the administration link the following error occurs!

Not Found

The requested URL /VAM_2.5_v20151011/vamcore/Gvausers was not found on this server.

Is this a new installation or an upgrade?
If it's a new installation I'd advise placing the contents of "VAM_2.5_v20151011/" folder directly into your document root (do not do it if you have another application as it will rewrite your existing index.php).
If it's an upgrade - did you just overwrite the old files with the new ones (I assume not, because I can see the path with the new build version)?

Regardless if you're using a LAMP/WAMP stack or a hosting, you need apache mod_rewrite enabled as it's essential for the application and this should actually be the first thing to check.

elfrost

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2015, 05:16:27 PM »

Not Found

If it's a new installation I'd advise placing the contents of "VAM_2.5_v20151011/" folder directly into your document root (do not do it if you have another application as it will rewrite your existing index.php).
If it's an upgrade - did you just overwrite the old files with the new ones (I assume not, because I can see the path with the new build version)?

Regardless if you're using a LAMP/WAMP stack or a hosting, you need apache mod_rewrite enabled as it's essential for the application and this should actually be the first thing to check.

In my case, I have my phpvms running in the root folder. VAMS is running under "V2" folder

sabahassani

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2015, 06:13:11 PM »

Not Found

thank you very much.

elfrost

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2015, 06:14:15 PM »

Not Found

thank you very much.

Is it working for you now?

VAM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2015, 06:26:49 PM »
Hi,

pelase read this thread , I provided there all info about the access to admin panel in VAM 2.5. Please reply on this topic in that thread to keep one single thread. Thanks. I hope it helps  ;)

Thread with solution & explanation: http://virtualairlinesmanager.net/foro/index.php?topic=341.0

mkdir

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2015, 06:30:13 PM »
Quote from: elfrost

Your problem looks different even tho you both have problems accessing the admin area. The "not found" made me think of mod_rewrite

VAM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2015, 06:47:25 PM »
Quote from: elfrost

Your problem looks different even tho you both have problems accessing the admin area. The "not found" made me think of mod_rewrite

I also think that , in case of localhost test I recoment XAMP, I developed most of VAM with XAMP and no issue with rewrite