Author Topic: STAFF Functionality / Hub Search  (Read 1246 times)

snowowl_420

• View Profile
STAFF Functionality / Hub Search
« on: July 14, 2015, 06:16:13 PM »
Well Canadian Coastal has been using VAMS for about 2 months now, having switched from another system. Although VAMS gives us more of what we want, there are a couple of things that we miss from the old system:

1) STAFF functionality - Members appointed as STAFF should be able to create routes, add or remove aircraft.

2) HUBS - We had several hubs in the old system. ADMIN would create the HUB and STAFF could create routes, add or remove aircraft. As well we could select a hub to see all of the aircraft at that hub and their current locations.

Not sure if any of this has been implemented in 2.4 as I haven't had the chance to look through it all. But These additions would be greatly appreciated.

thank - Martin

VAM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virtual Airlines Manager
Re: STAFF Functionality / Hub Search
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 11:23:02 PM »
Well Canadian Coastal has been using VAMS for about 2 months now, having switched from another system. Although VAMS gives us more of what we want, there are a couple of things that we miss from the old system:

1) STAFF functionality - Members appointed as STAFF should be able to create routes, add or remove aircraft.

2) HUBS - We had several hubs in the old system. ADMIN would create the HUB and STAFF could create routes, add or remove aircraft. As well we could select a hub to see all of the aircraft at that hub and their current locations.

Not sure if any of this has been implemented in 2.4 as I haven't had the chance to look through it all. But These additions would be greatly appreciated.

thank - Martin

I am happy to hear that.
For 2.5 I already had planned to add new enhancements for routes and also some links to hubs. Your suggestions are totally alignes to VAM "route plan" so they will be added. Also I want to add a new level of secueity to staff to separaye them from real adminustrators. So staff will manage planes routes and hubs.
VAM Creator and programmer.

KLM

Re: STAFF Functionality / Hub Search
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 05:27:29 PM »
This sounds great indeed.
At this moment I don't assign any staff functions because they can also reach the parameters.

I'm looking forward too it