Author Topic: A new restart project?  (Read 304 times)

airnubeiro

• View Profile
A new restart project?
« on: August 05, 2020, 12:24:48 AM »
Hi everyone!

As VAM is really a great project and works pretty good, most of are using it for their Virtual Airlines.
Why don't we don't try to find each other and create a group a people who could work hand in hand to add more funtions to that great system? Phpvms for example have a big team that works day by day on their project. I think we should do the same, as VAM is really great and we could improve it much more!
Let's create a group and improve it, cause working alone is always harder than with help from others. I don't have a lot of knowledgments with php and all that stuff, but I'm trying to learn day by day.

Let's do it together guys, come one! It's in the interest of all of us!

Cheers

jiko

• View Profile
Re: A new restart project?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 08:53:44 PM »
I am IN !!!
its very super idea !!! but i am only to reply to this message ??  so sad  :(

airnubeiro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 02:45:04 PM »
Yes... really sad... I know everyone has his own life but...

If there is someone with some php knowledgments, that will be a start point!!!

Sophie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 04:17:47 PM »
The problem with VAM is that this system is completely aligned and programmed to the SIMACARS.
Without the release of the source code by the developer a further development is almost impossible. 
An integration of the well known TFDI Smartcars would mean a complete redesign of the database and programming.
We are not talking about a modification or update to current PHP versions, we are talking about a complete new development.

Some VA have already integrated Simbrief and made many modifications.  But all ,are more or less , forced to use SIM Acars.

Again, as long as Alejandro does not release the source code, or makes changes himself, a further development of VAM is hardly possible.
But that Alejandro will make these changes I think pers is completely impossible / unthinkable .
A new version of the SIMACARS was, according to his own statements, already almost finished.

That is nearly 2 years ago, since then nothing more is to be heard and Alejandro is almost completely disappeared and inactive.
His pers life has changed ,new job and family addition, which made this project insignificant and therefore became unimportant. 
Unfortunately there is no statement from him self if and WHEN it will continue, even if he would make a statement, the past has shown that announcements are no guarantee that they will actually appear.

Since there are no reactions to mails or other contact attempts anymore, I think it is only a period of time until this website and the download disappear completely.

Sophie

Many of us have been using VAM for years, after such a long time of promises of a re-worked version of the SIMACARS, it's easy to see it with different eyes. These people know exactly what I mean.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 04:24:01 PM by Sophie »
Please use the search function, this will help you with most of the questions asked here.

drgullen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2020, 05:39:25 PM »
Sophie,

I don't use Twitter myself, do you?  Has anyone tried to contact him on his @pilotovirtual Twitter account?  I just checked and he was active on there even just hours ago and he was talking about FS 2020.

I will sign up to Twitter if I have to, but if someone on here tweets regularly, please contact him at that account and ask him to log onto the forum and join us in this discussion.

Sophie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2020, 07:12:35 PM »
I do not use Twitter, but if he does not respond to mail and contact forms. He hasn't used the forum for about 1 year, it is obvious that he doesn't want to do it.
Please use the search function, this will help you with most of the questions asked here.

Flyhighs

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2020, 10:08:33 PM »
Me and our team worked day and night to learn the VAM Architecture, DB structure, Php classes and functions, we discovered what was already in, we explored further, made several changes to codes to accomodate our VA requirements. Now the VA VAeroCargo is fully functional.

http://vaerocargo.online/vam/home.php

We don't know why would the original developer/architect not be active here at all. Our team has greatly appreciated his contribution. SIMACARS is the only ACARS it is integrated with unfortunately.

We really need to keep the beacon glowing. And, then MSFS2020 arrived. We tried to integrate with new SIM via SIMACARS. But it didn't work. We really need to have either an update from original architect to further make it compatible with FS2020 or eventually it would sadly die away.

We who have put hundreds of hours of effort, would perish without the support of new SIM Platform. The VAs will be deprecated gradually. People will move towards MSFS2020 eventually.

Requesting the original architect to listen to our urge. Or at least provide the source code so that we programmers can build on top of it. It's a hope !!

rafapiloto195

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2020, 07:53:45 AM »
Hi sir

can you please help with the map for online flights?