Author Topic: New version  (Read 1767 times)

Flyhighs

• View Profile
Re: New version
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2020, 11:24:28 AM »
Hi!

I have updated the VAM files so that it is now compatible with new versions of the databases.

You can read the full article here (spanish):

https://www.rafaelsantos.es/web/aficiones/simuladores-de-vuelo/67-vam-virtual-airlines-manager-actualizado-para-mysql-5-7-o-superior

I hope you like it.

Great work. Let us all enliven the VAM. Really wish some new features if could be added to ACARS.

Regards

rafapiloto195

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2020, 08:19:07 AM »
New version (10/19/2020)

- A new style for Mapbox maps, even faster
- Latest available version of the Leaflet interface (v1.7.1)
- Fullscreen on all maps
- Updated PHP Cake library for cookies in PHP 7.3+

https://www.rafaelsantos.es/web/aficiones/simuladores-de-vuelo/67-vam-virtual-airlines-manager-actualizado-para-mysql-5-7-o-superior

Do you have a demo for the maps?

junglejim7

• View Profile
    • Heritage Virtual Airlines
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2020, 11:07:31 PM »
My hat is off for giving this a Great effort, however, there are a lot of errors with any version of a server PHP of 7.0.xx and Up , period. Sadly I would love to see this system get a complete overhaul. But in all reality, its not going to happen in my Life time without the source codes. This is a great effort for sure, I have downloaded and after 4 different attempts, and several different Domains, much to my disappointment, I'm not even going to attempt to take this apart, the Database scripts do not work, nice try as mentioned, but as mentioned, there is still a lot of work to do , and without the code source is almost impossible to re-vamp. Hence I am now using still the latest release of phpvms for php versions of 7.2.xx. And as with VAM, PHPVMS is also outdated but the last release does work for PHP Server verions of 7.2.xx , but NOT without a lot of Errors, which I've had to shut off the phpvms error logging just to get it to work. Now it is working, but not without issues.  You can view my phpvms version on ; http://heritageva.net

Been doing this a very very long time, until everyone started to upgrade the server versions, it was a breeze for me anyway. Now things have changed and we are ALL forced to look elsewhere for alternatives. Again, there is Not much out there as of lately, very sad indeed for all of us.
I will continue to work on VAM at my own pace, however , VAM is still not going to work right without a Lot of re-vamping as of this post.
For all of us, and myself, and my over 300 pilots, I'll keep trying, maybe I'll get lucky. LOL.
Jimbo

MarceloGatinho

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2021, 09:14:33 PM »
firstly, thanks for all you work and time dispended in this project.
I already had a lot of work with VAM and I am upset for not being continued, because I think it is a great system, very effective.
i will compare the files of you made modifications to try update my files, because i changed a lot of stuffs of the original files, it was a lot of work.

thanks