Author Topic: Flight Duration Discrepancies.  (Read 125 times)

tba

• View Profile
Flight Duration Discrepancies.
« on: June 11, 2020, 10:36:47 PM »
Hello!

While using VAM and SIMACARS in our VA we found some discrepancies with the flight times are registered from SIMACARS and the actual flight time registered on the airplane clock. After doing some maths and "googleing" we found the clock on SIMACARS counts the seconds as 58...59...60...00...01. This means we are missing at least 2 seconds on each minute of the flight. If you consider a 10-12 hours flight you will lose around 24 minutes less than the original flight time which represents an average of 3% loss on the flight time.

So, I decided to step in and find how this information is sent to VAM, intercepted, fix the time, and return the correct time to the system, so the flight time is more accurate. I wrote a function in php and added to the receivevampirep.php script and it is working for us. I would like to know if there is any interest in adding this to a future version or bug fix on VAM.

Thank you!

tba

• View Profile
Re: Flight Duration Discrepancies.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 02:47:24 PM »
I'm trying to share the receivevampirep.php file I adjust to fix the flight time reported by SIMACARS but it looks like we can't even share files here. I will put it on my server and add the link here for who wants to use it. After downloading the file, make sure you backup your current receivevampirep.php just in case you decide to rollback and then copy the one you downloaded to the vam folder in your server.

Enjoy it!

Here you go: https://www.transbrasil.org/receivevampirep.php.zip

vam100

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 02:43:55 PM »
nice one ill use that.. ty

vbx147

• View Profile
    • Virtual Norwegian Aeroclub
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 04:42:15 PM »