Author Topic: SIM ACARS: request aborted could not create ssl/tls secure channel  (Read 809 times)

madrakeita

• View Profile
Hi,

as subject, when sim acars try to send login requests to my domain, the requests are aborted.

In my domain I have SSL enabled but not TLS, maybe can be this the error?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Timothee

• View Profile
Re: SIM ACARS: request aborted could not create ssl/tls secure channel
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 11:38:28 PM »
Hi

If I remember correctly from the last time I noticed that SIM ACARS is always using TLS 1.0 when a HTTPS URL is used. Don't know why, maybe it is hardcoded.
However, you can override the settings from SIM ACARS, not sure if this will work in your case: http://virtualairlinesmanager.net/foro//index.php?topic=1886.msg7311#msg7311

And just as a personal hint. You should use at least TLS 1.2. SSL is considered insecure and should not be used anymore.

Regards

madrakeita

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 06:24:01 PM »
Hi

If I remember correctly from the last time I noticed that SIM ACARS is always using TLS 1.0 when a HTTPS URL is used. Don't know why, maybe it is hardcoded.
However, you can override the settings from SIM ACARS, not sure if this will work in your case: http://virtualairlinesmanager.net/foro//index.php?topic=1886.msg7311#msg7311

And just as a personal hint. You should use at least TLS 1.2. SSL is considered insecure and should not be used anymore.

Regards

Thanks Timothee for your reply, I've already tried with an override of configurations. But I have an other error insthead, I have error 406 on POST requests to server.

I haven't been able to solve for days

Timothee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 04:32:44 PM »
Well but HTTP error 406 looks already more promising. This means the SSL/TLS connection was established.

However, SIM ACARS does not 100 percent comply with the HTTP standard. This may lead to other problems with mod_security for example. HTTP 406 could mean, that some HTTP headers are missing. Have you tried looking in that direction?

madrakeita

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 12:46:02 PM »

The problem is on production environment, so I haven't got directly access to apache mod security.
I've contacted the host support, I will wait.

Thanks for help