Author Topic: Live Map Issue  (Read 312 times)

ridgeandgable

• View Profile
Live Map Issue
« on: June 21, 2019, 12:32:12 AM »
Hi Guys

I've checked all my links but I can't find anything relating to Live Map.. Is this something I need to enable or setup? I use Sim Acars, and that map works, but nothing found on my webpage?

larsje40

• View Profile
Re: Live Map Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 09:23:22 PM »
same here is there anyone who can help please!!!!

drgullen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 10:13:13 PM »
What is the issue exactly?

If you're talking about the fact that it says "Oops something went wrong", it is because Google now uses a paid map service and you have to get your own API key and setup a billing account on their API website to use the maps.

By default, VAM is using the key that Alejandro originally setup years ago, but he is not paying for it (nor should he), so if you're trying to use the default key, you'll get that error.

If that isn't the issue you're talking about, please elaborate as to what the problem is.

larsje40

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2019, 11:36:32 AM »
I don't know if that's the problem.

When i use sim acars i can connect tot my VA and i can connect to the sim that is no problem. but is it the only way to see a kind of live map? or is there also a board which says who is flying and whereto? or is it just the goole live map?

Also i have problems with sim acars not sending the pirep after the flight is done so i don't see last flights, because there haven't been any good reports because of the problem with sim acars.

If there isn't a life map, that's not a problem for now, but i do want to see something on my website about who is flying etc.. is there a possibility or is there a possibility to use an other map than google?

THNX for the answers.

gr.

drgullen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2019, 06:08:46 PM »
Yes, you only get a live map section on the home page when someone is flying, but the map itself won't display unless you have setup an API key through Google and also setup a billing account with them.

When no pilots are flying, no map is displayed at all.