Author Topic: New Registration E-mail  (Read 440 times)

atrcaptainjohn

• View Profile
New Registration E-mail
« on: September 28, 2018, 12:36:04 PM »
How do I set up the system to e-mail me when a new user fills out the registration form?  I apparently missed doing this when I set everything up.  I get one when a flight is completed, but not when someone registers.  Thanks!

VBD201

• View Profile
Re: New Registration E-mail
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 03:31:18 PM »
Hello in the template is the solution.
xiv. Email manager
IMPORTANT: by default the value for the staff email is vamrrh@virtualairlinesmanager.net, in
some hosting there is a validation of the email address, please change these email addresses to
correct ones based on your hosting. Use your own emails address.
IMPORTANT: some emails are sent from the administration panel, these emails must pass by the
cakephp framework, it is mandatory that you modify a file and put your email (a valid email from
your hosting). The file to be edited is in vamcore \ app \ Config \ email.php
You must edit the line 42: change that email address and your VA email address (leave the quotes)
'from' => 'admin@virtualairlinesmanager.net'

atrcaptainjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 10:30:47 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

Line 42 in that file is already set to my e-mail address.  And since that is a from address, is that where the system would send a notification that a new user had registered?  That is what I am attempting to do.

Jason Anderson

• View Profile
    • Virtual United States Army Aviation
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 04:30:17 PM »
In the Administration Page, locate and select the Email Manager.  You will need to edit the "Staff" and "CEO" addresses in order for it to notify you of registrations.  I personally leave the "cc:" field blank because it sends multiple unnecessary duplicates of the same registration email.  The text of the email itself can also be modified to suit your own VA's personality or style.  Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
vGEN Jason Anderson
Chief of Staff / Founder
Virtual United States Army Aviation
http://www.vusaa.org

atrcaptainjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 07:44:11 PM »
I already have both those set up, and still not getting notifications of new registrations.  I would assume that, since the body of that text is to thank someone for registering, that it is sent to the person who did register.  But both Staff and CEO are populated with good e-mail addresses, and the cc is blank.

atrcaptainjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 09:19:01 PM »
Still having this issue.  I have obviously changed the e-mail in line 42 of the file email.php, do I need to alter line 49 or 62 of that file as well?  Please help, this is driving me nuts.

Thanks

Jason Anderson

• View Profile
    • Virtual United States Army Aviation
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 04:39:50 PM »
Silly question, but have you checked your spam folder to ensure you are able to receive emails from the VAM server?
vGEN Jason Anderson
Chief of Staff / Founder
Virtual United States Army Aviation
http://www.vusaa.org

atrcaptainjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2019, 04:43:32 AM »
Yes, and I get e-mails of completed flights, just nothing about new registrations.

donnebanget

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2019, 09:58:32 AM »
Yes, and I get e-mails of completed flights, just nothing about new registrations.

Yes, same here.. Just got email when pilot fill out manual pireps but no for registrations..
Have your problem solve?

atrcaptainjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2019, 05:37:15 PM »
No it has not been solved yet.

atrcaptainjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2019, 08:01:02 PM »
OK, let me go about this a different way.  In the file pilot_register.php I don't see anything about e-mailing the staff.  I found an entry to do this in another file though.  I would like to add this to the bottom of the pilot_register.php file, but I don't know where the php mail call goes.  Does anyone who knows php well know what happens with what files when this code is called:

"
// Send mail to the staff
         $type='MANUAL PIREP';
         $mail = new vam_mailer();
         $mail->mail_flight_report_compose($id,$type,$from_airport,$to_airport);

"

If I knew what it called I could likely modify it to send an e-mail when a registration takes place.

Thanks in advance.