Author Topic: Bad QNH = CRASH?  (Read 100 times)

FREDDO

• View Profile
Bad QNH = CRASH?
« on: February 06, 2019, 07:58:40 PM »
Hello to you,

New on SIMACARS, I wanted to know how to operate your system CRASH .... 3 flights for 2 CRASH ... 2 times, the problem of QNH .... Off, ACTIVE SKY and EPHEMERIDE site gave me the same QNH ... except SIMACARS (AS , IVAO via EDDH_APP and EPHEMERIDE: 1018, SIMACARS 1025 ...) So I would tell you where this recurring problem came from, and especially where SIMACARS takes its QNH.

cordially

FREDDO
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 08:11:41 PM by FREDDO »

FREDDO

• View Profile
Re: Bad QNH = CRASH?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 08:13:30 PM »
COMPLEMENT :

Can someone tell me where the CRASH ?????

FREDDO

BilKapek

• View Profile
    • Freedom Sim
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 02:19:37 PM »

Hi Freddo

it's not a problem of simacars
if you inject a real weather or other and you do not adjust the QNH of your aircraft simacars simulator you know
because it compares the two values that provided by the simulator and that of your plane

Sam.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 02:27:21 PM by BilKapek »

FREDDO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 08:02:12 PM »
Hello,

thank you for your answer,

The problem is that some payware do not have B key, therefore the manual setting is not taken into account by SIMACARS (ex: DASH8Q400 MJC)?

Best regard

FREDDO

BilKapek

• View Profile
    • Freedom Sim
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 08:11:01 PM »
Hello,

thank you for your answer,

The problem is that some payware do not have B key, therefore the manual setting is not taken into account by SIMACARS (ex: DASH8Q400 MJC)?

Best regard

FREDDO

ok freddo
What I mean is, if you have a QNH 1030 in the simulator weather at the departure airport you have to set the QNH in your aircraft also at 1030 because simacars compare the two values to establish the error, so is not a mistake of simacars

Sam.

FREDDO

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 08:44:33 AM »
Hello,

Thank you for your reply ...
I have known for years, both in real life and in simulator, that it is necessary to modify the QNH. But SIMACARS does not take this change into account at all with the MAJESTIC SOFTWARE DASH8Q400. If I indicate a QNH ,at takeoff, of 999hpa, SIMARACARS announces me an error with a takeoff at QNH 1013 ... for once there is 0 communication ...Same for LANDING LIGHT, BCN, NAV etc...Problem that I don't have with a PMDG for example

Best regard

FREDDO

BilKapek

• View Profile
    • Freedom Sim
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 03:10:21 PM »

Hi Freddo,
your plane at special offset is why it is not recognized,
contact the publisher to have references or look if you have documentation with your device,
then make a request to Alex for a future integration,  I can do nothing for you sorry

Sam.

Timothee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 03:19:23 PM »
Hi FREDDO

SIMAcars can work only with the values received from FSUIPC. FSUIPC reads the default offset from FSX/P3D. Since neither the Majestic Dash (QNH, Beacon, Taxi & Nav(?) Lights) nor PMDG (Taxi Lights) use the default offsets for their functions, FSUIPC will never be aware of what is actually set. This is something you have to address to the publishers and not to SIMAcars.

However, there is a workaround for the QNH in the Majestic Dash. The 'B' key doesn't set the QNH in the Dash 8 but it sets the offset in the simulator. This means, just press the 'B' key before takeoff and before landing and you are fine.

There is currently no way around this.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 03:22:23 PM by Timothee »