Author Topic: Away from Keyboard option/Database idea  (Read 164 times)

dohavik

• View Profile
Away from Keyboard option/Database idea
« on: December 19, 2018, 12:32:51 PM »
Ideas for the following version:

When Simacars is turned on and the flight  is progressing the pilot needs to press a key or solve a small sum in order to continue without critical warnings.
The airline itself can put this timer in (varying from  10 - 60 minutes).
The sum or key must be pressed within a normal amount of time (3 minutes). If the pilot fails, a critical error is being generated and a counter starts to run.

That way it is visible if a pilot is actually flying or non flying flights. I see the tendency with people to fly long haul flights and then after take off, walk away and then return and do
the landing and make it count as flying time.

My second idea is that the flights being made are put first in a temporarily database and when they are verified, they will be placed in the storage database.
That way if a pirep is rejected for whatever reason, the data is not polluting the database.

lesmar

• View Profile
Re: Away from Keyboard option/Database idea
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 01:49:58 PM »

'That way it is visible if a pilot is actually flying or non flying flights. I see the tendency with people to fly long haul flights and then after take off, walk away and then return and do
the landing and make it count as flying time.'

The problem is that in real life a pilot will not fly all of the time on a long haul flight as he will be working very long hours and possibly in violation of airline laws.  this is always a difficult subject for virtual airlines to deal with. Yes some insist that you are at the controls once every hour by making a keypress etc. a simple keypress is easy to break using a script running in the background.  some don't bother and then their forum is full of postings about pilots always being pilot of the month because they have over 500 hours for the month.

One option again has had critics on both sides in that you limit the number of hours a pilot can fly each month ,  some agree with that and others say why can I not fly xxx number of hours each month.

One has to be careful on any of these suggestions as you start to get carried away with realism after all this is a SIMULATION and for many thousands a piece of software to enjoy and have fun !!! 

Some aspects of realism might be true if you are trying to run LUFTHANSA or AIR FRANCE as a virtual airline but it is still not the real world so don't get hung up about long haul pilots etc. Enjoy your experience with flying an aircraft from your computer