Author Topic: My availability  (Read 688 times)

VAM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virtual Airlines Manager
My availability
« on: December 23, 2018, 10:06:53 AM »
Hello everyone,

As you can see, my activity in the last weeks has been practically nil. Due to work, family and some new personal tasks that I have decided to start I do not have time for simulation. My IVAO account is inactive for months due to inactivity, I do not even remember when my last flight was in the simulator. In 2018 I have flown (due to work) more in real than in the simulator.
Therefore I will continue to maintain the forum and the websites with the illusion of being able to achieve personal goals that I have marked in 2019 and then be able to return to the simulation fully. These personal goals imply that if I get it I will have much more free time.

As I see the most advanced users of VAM are helping other users and improving the system and I love this.

I have to release VAM 2.6.3 and SIM ACARS 1.5 but they are still beta although I think that beta has almost no failures, I have been wanting to release it for a long time but because of my lack of time I can not finish the tests, even so what I will do release both versions and that each VA tries them and decides to use them or not.

regards!
VAM Creator and programmer.

wisnia80

• View Profile
Re: My availability
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 03:05:58 PM »
Nice to hear that the procent wasn't abandoned.

Waiting to test next release :)

Druszcz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 11:32:07 AM »
Do not you think it would be worth just releasing SimAcars in OpenSource as well as VAM so that the Community can collaborate more forcefully?
Your work has been WONDERFUL and we can drive this

CharlieBravo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 08:27:54 PM »
Well, this is good news.  Thanks for the update.  I agree with releasing as opensource if you plan on being absent at least the community can tweak, improve fix or whatever needs to be done.  I look forward to this aspect and I do hope your schedule clears up.  Good luck and Merry Christmas.

sjohnny777

• Choose life!
    • View Profile
    • Virtual LH
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 11:10:05 PM »
Nice to hear that! :)
Pax president at https://virtuallh.com

VBD201

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2018, 06:21:10 PM »
Nice to hear that.
For when are we going to have these beta versions?
Happy holidays

lesmar

• View Profile
release of code for Acars
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 05:55:57 AM »
since an Acars program is basically three operational parts of the virtual system what we need is somehow to get the following done to make VAM complete.

[1] Plug-in must work with windows, linux and mac osx for XPLANE-11 .  The only mac osx acars XACARS has been abandoned for development and will not work with the STEAM version of XPLANe without having to try and copy objects from an XCODE directory.  So an opportunity exists to be the number one in MAC OSX ACARS.

[2] Given that ACARS is much more than the normal XACARS then you also have a powerful tool to leverage Virtual Airlines running that support MAC OS to come to VAM and as such the desktop software for acars needs to run on MAC OSX and connect directly with the MAC OSX plugin no half measure in that you have to run xplane on APPLE using Windows emulation etc.  This is important as then it is just download and install and run

[3] Acars needs to connect to the website to record pireps and position reports and any other exchange of data and as such the protocols of sending data to a web site using MAC OS need to be used again rather than insisting that Windows emulation has to be used.

Right so how can it be done ?
For a start there are various 'starting' tools that can be found in GITHUB such as the NASA project that can connect to XPLANE and others for connecting and sending data from MAC OS to web-sites. 

The issue is getting the code for the plug-in and acars so that it can be developed to work with operating systems other than WINDOWS.

Development would take time but there seems to be a community in VAM that are willing to help including me.  Yes these people are scattered around the world but if you use a tool like SLACK to communicate and link up everyone then it can be a good experience for all who help.  I use SLACK as part of the development team for the new VATSIM client called SWIFT and I am helping test the MAC OS version

So to VAM if you can release the ACARS code in a nice way , we are here to make it work for MAC OS etc.

CharlieBravo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2019, 02:18:38 PM »
Aaaaaand we are on radio silence again.  >:(

CharlieBravo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 10:16:51 PM »
see.

VBD201

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2019, 08:14:12 AM »
Any news of the beta version?

BilKapek

• View Profile
    • Freedom Sim
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2019, 02:33:55 PM »

Hi Alex
VAM is a pleasure not an obligation
we all have priority in life so no worries.
I would help as I can