Author Topic: SimAcars not detect network (ivao, vatsim, .....)  (Read 573 times)

marchesim

• View Profile
    • Moonflower Virtual
SimAcars not detect network (ivao, vatsim, .....)
« on: July 22, 2018, 11:25:44 AM »
I realized that simacars does not detect the network (ivao, vatsim ....) and does not include it in the table of the vam_live_acars database and consequently does not report it on the site in the live flight table.
In SimAcars i select the network but it is not detected.

What can i check to solve?

SimAcars version 1.4.1

BilKapek

• View Profile
    • FreedomSim.tk
Re: SimAcars not detect network (ivao, vatsim, .....)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 11:30:23 AM »

Hithis is not an error this information it is sent only in the final report theft
Sam.

marchesim

• View Profile
    • Moonflower Virtual
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 02:58:14 PM »
ok, now I get it.
How can i do to integrate ivao and vatsim in the table? any ideas / suggestions?

BilKapek

• View Profile
    • FreedomSim.tk
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 04:07:17 PM »
do you want to see if the user is online ?

marchesim

• View Profile
    • Moonflower Virtual
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 04:26:16 PM »
I would like to do something like this in the live flight table, with an indication of the network used

BilKapek

• View Profile
    • FreedomSim.tk
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 04:40:42 PM »
you need to edit the vam.js file
in :
Code: [Select]
vam/js/vam.js

look for
live_flights_table
which is on line 294
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 04:43:17 PM by BilKapek »

marchesim

• View Profile
    • Moonflower Virtual
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 04:50:37 PM »
ok thanks,
I do some tests

quepsi83

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2018, 04:08:30 AM »
An interesting thought just surfaced.  I do not believe that SIMACARS validates a network connection at all.  If it did, that would involve polling Network data streams for a live Network connection. Right?

I think the Network selection - VATSIM/IVAO - is just a formality or pass through... even it is reported in the Pireps.  I could be wrong.

A utility like VATSPY actively polls VATSIM's data stream and is able to show the plane on VATSPY map. VATAWARE and VATASTIC does poll the networks as well.

Then again, SIMACARS is a self-contained separate utility that sources its data from SimConnect /FSUIPC.   And even then it has trouble sensing Taxi Lights ON and other bugs.  The Manual claims that SDKs from developers are missing or unavailable at time of development. But just about every plane in my fleet apparently have SDKs that were unavailable... cause they all get flagged for No Taxi lights.

Cheers,

Keith

marchesim

• View Profile
    • Moonflower Virtual
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2018, 09:22:42 AM »
there is a problem of simacars that of lights.
As far as vatsim and ivao are concerned, I have not been able to detect anything. I see websites created with VAM with the indication of the network in live flights but I can not figure out how to do it. Where can I get this data from?

quepsi83

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2018, 02:56:05 PM »
The TAXI LIGHTS problem is a well-known problem. It happens with many different planes.  That info is in the User Manual.

About Network Indicators as you call it
===========================
a) VATSIM and IVAO maintain their separate network of maybe 15 - 20 Servers Worldwide
b) VATSPY and other utilities like it have to connect to and read the network data from the servers to get positions and to draw the multiple aircraft icons
c) VAM and maybe other management systems MAY have features where a pilot can select VATSIM or IVAO... and cute lil logos show up somewhere... wherever...
d) having a logo show up somewhere does NOT mean you're connected to the network. It just means you selected a network somewhere

Now...   if you're looking for a solution to  show a cute VATSIM or IVAO logo... wherever?  That's not what I was referring to... and  YES... what you want can be done... Why?  Because YOU think it looks great.

What I was talking about is... VAM or SIMACARS does NOT access the networks... neither VATSIM nor IVAO.   Therefore there is NO validation that a live flight is active on any network.  You can prove that yourself by starting a flight connected to either VATSIM or IVAO...  logging OFF VATSIM or IVAO after 10-15 minutes...  Nothing changes with SIMACARS or the Live Flights Map.

It's just "Lipstick on a Pig... hoping the Pig would somehow look like the cute LabraDoodle who draws".

Cheers,

Keith
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 03:16:54 PM by quepsi83 »

Jason Anderson

• View Profile
    • Virtual United States Army Aviation
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2018, 11:33:59 PM »
I think the issue is the transmission that SIMACARS is making to the database.  For whatever reason, it isn't transmitting the "network" information to the database along with everything else.  The big problem there is, no one but the developer has access to the inner workings of SIMACARS to fix it...
vGEN Jason Anderson
Chief of Staff / Founder
Virtual United States Army Aviation
http://www.vusaa.org