Author Topic: Report from logbook This flight is already reported to the web system  (Read 185 times)

quepsi83

• View Profile
Searched the Subject:... found some attempts to correct the error...

Suddenly I'm unable to Send Report from Sim ACARS 1.4.1 which I was able to do 2 days ago.

Cannot send from logbook either.

Commenting out those two lines in the code didn't work.

Alex... is there an explanation for this sudden break in the code?  51 flights... 2 days off... and no longer able to file pirep?

Cheers,

Keith

helpinfo

• View Profile
hello, not use ' or éàùê in aircraft name

quepsi83

• View Profile
Sorry. But I have no idea what you're talking about.  The SIMACARS flight that is suddenly creating this problem - the aircraft - has been flown multiple times in the past 3 months without causing a problem.  Automatic Pirep Approval (and email notification) - and - now Manual Pirep submission has stopped working.

Cheers Keith

quepsi83

• View Profile
Hey helpinfo... for shits 'n grins I went back to Sim Acars 1.4.1 and decided to select the (problem flight) then press the (i - Info) blue button on that flight.

I'm BLOWN WAAAAYYY AWAY!!!!!

The Aircraft flown is a Majestic Dash- 8 Q402 in a US DEP'T OF JUSTICE Livery.  There is a " ' " in DEP'T!!!!

This can't be true???    An  a·pos·tro·phe  in an Aircraft name destroys Sim Acars 1.4.1???

I'm going to remove that 'thing' and re-do that flight tomorrow.

I just checked every other Dash8 flight I've flown and Pirep'd.  This is the ONLY flight I made in this Livery/Name!!!   Man!  Thank you for that pointer!!!

OMG,

Keith

BilKapek

• View Profile
    • Freedom Sim

Hi everybody
I join this thread
the error returned by the acars when sending the report is due in the majority of
100% after my return of experiences
name of the plane too long
has special characters

in this case you have to change the aircarft.cfg of the plane

Sam.

quepsi83

• View Profile
Thank you guys very much. I am flying another DASH 8 Livery w/o any special characters in the Aircraft Name... (just for my own sanity)... as a test.   Many Many Thanks gentlemen. I will now give up drinking... LMAO

Regards,

Keith

vbx147

• View Profile
    • Virtual Norwegian Aeroclub
I got this same msg from Simacars, it just suddenly appear i use the same aircraft as earlier.
so it cant be thats this is wrong.
name of the plane too long
has special characters

Any idea what to do?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 07:19:30 PM by vbx147 »
Regards
Leif Kristiansen

quepsi83

• View Profile
In my case, the problem was an APOSTROPHE (') in the Title of the plane.   Check the spelling of the AIRCRAFT Title in the aircraft.cfg file.  As soon as I removed the " ' " from the word "Dept"... the problem of sending a pirep via SIMACARS 1.4.1 disappeared.  Again...

ORIGINAL TITLE = MJC8Q400 US Dep't of Justice = SIMACARS problem

CORRECTED TITLE = MJC8Q400 US Dept of Justice = SIMACARS NO PROBLEM

Other than that fix... I have no idea what's causing the problem.  Thanks to the advice from the other members... my problem went away.

Cheers.

Keith
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 10:27:12 PM by quepsi83 »