Author Topic: Operations suggestions  (Read 164 times)

quepsi83

• View Profile
Operations suggestions
« on: June 14, 2018, 10:56:43 PM »
a) VAM ACARS unable to detect taxi lights ON during taxi on PMDG B77LR and Eaglesoft CitationX.... maybe others

b) LIGHTS ON below/above 10,000' FLAG duration is too sensitive based on workflow in a non-shared cockpit. Increase the window limit UP/DOWN as the pilot may have other critical tasks to perform at or around 10,000'

c) speed restraint BELOW 10,000' should also have a wider window... WX injection into the sim can produce KIAS that may be influenced by the injection process and NOT a fault of the pilot. Ex: in the Boeing A/C sped restraint is set to 245kts/10,000 and in certain WX conditions that works... in other WX situations (or because of Simconnect) the pilot is penalized for a CRITICAL flag the moment KIAS goes above 250kts

d) REFUEL Penalty when NO refueling has taken place.  Not everytime... but it has happened

f) PAUSE flag...  Pretty weird behavior.  FSX/Simconnect/FSGlobalRealWeather requires from 1 sec up to 4sec sometimes to inject real world weather into the sim... OR... FSX may desire to refresh itself and reload scenery indexes... WHAM... there goes a PAUSE flag for a 1sec-5sec system/simconnect generated condition? Really? Who pauses for 5sec??

g) The LIVE FLIGHTS map needs to display a worldwide map with NO FOCUS on the planes or the departure ICAO UNTIL a user decides to click the 'plane'. Then it should allow tracking the plane and such... not what it currently does where the page refresh wipes out any sort of tracking

h) TIME OUT! Why does VAM kick the pilot out? Period! I don't understand this at all!

i) SSL Certificate compliance - I just (today) paid for SSL encryption for the domain I've already purchased (which hasnt been launched until some improvements has been made) so the update needs to address ths new Goodle mandated security level

Honestly? VAM is quite a robust platform for a VA.  I mean that!!!  I've been running it (and a Business Charter Jet Operations) for about 3 months. I've flown 47 flights in a range of sims from Majestic DH8D thru TU-154M Freeware and everything in between. I bring 13,818 Vatsim Pilot hours and 1,054 Vatsim Controller hours as well as a Vatsim P3 rating and a Vatsim ATO Instructor Cert. So, I have a decent idea about hard work and the payoff.

This is not a GRIPE! This is merely my feedback. Please regard it as such.

Thank you,

Keith

quepsi83

• View Profile
Re: Operations suggestions
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 12:08:28 AM »
I've just completed flight #47 LSGG-VABB 8:20 on VATSIMĀ® Network in the iFly BBJ (B737) and picked up a 1sec penalty for SIM PAUSE.   Really?   There are 8 zero-value PAUSE and UNPAUSE entries and a 9th PAUSE/UNPAUSE for 00:00:01...  The WX engine updated FSX and FSX rebuilt scenery indexes in a nanosecond and there we have it... There has to be better logic written into this FLAG.

Isn't this FLAG designed to catch pilots who pause their sim and go to sleep then resume after they get back from school the next day or something?   I don't think that many VAs actually care about a pilot pausing for 2 days - if they wish.   So, I dunno about the need for this FLAG and even if the penalty is set to zero... the RED log entry may still be written to the EVENTS file. Right?

Cheers,

Keith