Author Topic: Live Flight(s) Map Improvements  (Read 186 times)

quepsi83

• View Profile
Live Flight(s) Map Improvements
« on: May 31, 2018, 11:49:48 PM »
Please consider changing the behavior of the Live Flights Map (Google API) to behave as follows...

a) Instead of immediately displaying the flight's DEPARTURE ICAO (Lat/Lon readings) - for that pilot/flight - how about displaying a World Map View which is completely zoom-able showing all VA-specific and/or VATSIM®/IVAO® specific plane ICONS

b) Clicking on any plane ICON will then display the DATA for that flight as well as offer the ability to TRACK the flight

The current setup (display) is constantly refreshed and the refresh ALWAYS re-centers the map at the DEPARTURE ICAO airport - even when the plane is 6000nm away from the departure airport.

An example of what I'm talking about is the RADAR MAP used by ProjectFly© and even Flightradar24©.

Cheers,

Keith

ilies455

• View Profile
Re: Live Flight(s) Map Improvements
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 04:58:09 PM »
Please consider changing the behavior of the Live Flights Map (Google API) to behave as follows...

a) Instead of immediately displaying the flight's DEPARTURE ICAO (Lat/Lon readings) - for that pilot/flight - how about displaying a World Map View which is completely zoom-able showing all VA-specific and/or VATSIM®/IVAO® specific plane ICONS

b) Clicking on any plane ICON will then display the DATA for that flight as well as offer the ability to TRACK the flight

The current setup (display) is constantly refreshed and the refresh ALWAYS re-centers the map at the DEPARTURE ICAO airport - even when the plane is 6000nm away from the departure airport.

An example of what I'm talking about is the RADAR MAP used by ProjectFly© and even Flightradar24©.

Cheers,

Keith

I agree with you I think the same thing