Author Topic: Can't continue on next leg - no routes available  (Read 173 times)

quepsi83

• View Profile
Can't continue on next leg - no routes available
« on: April 20, 2018, 03:59:53 AM »
Hi drgullen.  It's me again. This time I'm truly lost... here's the scenario:

a) completed a flight from LFPB to ORBI.  There another leg set up in my routes from ORBI to OMAA and so forth. In fact I have three additional routes out of ORBI

b) VAMACARS recorded the flight correctly... I'm at ORBI and the plane is also at ORBI

When I go to Book Route from Pilot Actions, there's nothing showing up... not even the (verified-as-there) ORBI-OMAA leg.

I looked through some of the code (.php) and I found where the sql is parsed to populate available routes and I can only assume that a 'route_id' is missing from some table file which sorta makes the lookup valid?    Looking at the related tables (and comparing it to the php logic) something got broken somewhere such that not a single route out of ORBI is showing up?

I got a headache just from scratching my head on this one. Also I checked similar forum topics which made me scratch my head even more.

Any thoughts on this one?

I do recall purging a table called 'reserves'.  Did that 'toast' the linkage to the routes?

Thanks drgullen ( if you see this topic)

Cheers,

Keith

drgullen

• View Profile
Re: Can't continue on next leg - no routes available
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 03:45:11 AM »
I would appreciate it if you don't address things specifically to me.  I am just a user on this forum like you.  I help out when and if I can, but I don't appreciate it if people EXPECT me to help like you have here.  Other people have also private messaged me their problems, which is also pretty annoying.  If this continues, I will be forced to leave the forum permanently.

In any event, for your issue here, my guess would be that whatever plane is at ORBI is not listed as one that can be booked for that particular route.

quepsi83

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 05:43:50 PM »
Sorry drgullen. This will not happen again. My apologies...

Keith

quepsi83

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 10:02:27 PM »
UPDATE:  After of looking at the code (sql) within route_selection_stage1.php (BTW... there is nothing wrong with the sql code) it appears the reason I encountered the POSTED error lies in the 'missing' alternate airport within the "airports" table.

So, a...

DEPARTURE = ORBI
ARRIVAL = OMDB
ALTERNATE = OTHH (missing)

Once I substituted OTBD as the ALTERNATE via ROUTE NAMAGER - (regardless of whether OTBD is a proper alternate), then the previously created route leg displayed.

Perhaps OTHH can be included in the airports table for the upcoming SP?   Also, if ADMIN can provide accurate values for the columns in this (new) record? I can add it myself?

Hope this can assist someone else and ADMIN you may close this topic as you see fit.

Cheers,

Keith