Author Topic: acars error : Sending reports not possible!  (Read 103 times)

Inter-Wings VA

• View Profile
acars error : Sending reports not possible!
« on: October 17, 2017, 08:46:38 PM »
Hey guys!

Since a few days now, one of our pilots has a problem with sending a report to the system. There is always the following error message : "Report from logbook This flight is already reported to the web system" and "During data transmission some data inconsistency was found. Please close any program consuming huge bandwidth of your network and report again".

The point is that this message even comes, when the pilot sends the report for the first time. Our websystem doesn't recognize any report. The same message if he tries it again and so on ... None of our pilots ever had this problem before!!!  :o

What we already have tried

- We have updated the FSUIPC Version
- We have downloaded and installed the acars several times
- We have switched between every option of firewall/anti virus status
- We are using win10, P3D V4.1 and the latest sim acars version

The acars always sends live information of the current flight status. So it has a connection to the system, but the system cannot accept reports, however ...

We have absolutly no more ideas how to solve the problem... other topics from this forum couldn't help - we are happy with any kind of your solutions!  :-[

Thanks a lot!
Christian,
inter-wings.de
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 08:48:20 PM by Inter-Wings VA »

drgullen

• View Profile
Re: acars error : Sending reports not possible!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 03:51:15 AM »
Those messages are completely misleading and usually indicate something wrong with your code or your setup.  This happened to me in the past and it was because I did not yet have a mail server setup and when you send the PIREP, it will try to send an email and when that fails, these are the two messages you will get.  I don't know why we get these messages, because the PIREP definitely isn't in the system yet and it has nothing to do with the consumption of bandwidth.

This just happened to me this evening during a test flight I was doing where I was purposely crashing the plane to see what the system would do.  In my case, I've been tinkering with the code to customize it for the VA I am building.

I only just noticed this tonight -- if the problem relates to an error in your code, it will actually show up in the SIM ACARS Flight Data Critical Events section!  I made a typo with one of my lines of code and noticed this in that Critical Events log:

Parse error</b>:  syntax error, unexpected ')' in <b>C:\Apache24\htdocs\vam\receivevampirep.php</b> on line <b>461

It turns out I had one too many brackets on that line from the coding change that I did.  When I fixed the code, then went back to my logbook in SIM ACARS and clicked the green airplane to send the log again, this time it went through with no errors.

So, those of you getting the messages "Report from logbook This flight is already reported to the web system" and "During data transmission some data inconsistency was found. Please close any program consuming huge bandwidth of your network and report again" should have your pilots check for error messages in their SIM ACARS Critical Events section on the Flight Data tab.  The real issue might be listed there.

Relating to what I said earlier, another thing to check is the code down near the bottom of receivevampirep.php and look for these lines:

// Send mail to the staff
      $type='VAM ACARS';
      //$mail = new vam_mailer();
      //$mail->mail_flight_report_compose($gvauser_id,$type,$dep,$arr);
      $ok='OK';
      $ok=preg_replace('/\s+/', '',$ok);
      echo $ok;

As you can see, I've commented out the two lines that start with $mail because at the moment, I'm developing and have no mail server setup.  If I uncommented those two lines, I'd get these errors again.  If you don't have your mail server setup correctly or aren't using one and SIM ACARS gives you those two error messages, try commenting out these two lines.

Cheers,
Glen

VAM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virtual Airlines Manager
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 11:52:04 PM »
Those messages are completely misleading and usually indicate something wrong with your code or your setup.  This happened to me in the past and it was because I did not yet have a mail server setup and when you send the PIREP, it will try to send an email and when that fails, these are the two messages you will get.  I don't know why we get these messages, because the PIREP definitely isn't in the system yet and it has nothing to do with the consumption of bandwidth.

This just happened to me this evening during a test flight I was doing where I was purposely crashing the plane to see what the system would do.  In my case, I've been tinkering with the code to customize it for the VA I am building.

I only just noticed this tonight -- if the problem relates to an error in your code, it will actually show up in the SIM ACARS Flight Data Critical Events section!  I made a typo with one of my lines of code and noticed this in that Critical Events log:

Parse error</b>:  syntax error, unexpected ')' in <b>C:\Apache24\htdocs\vam\receivevampirep.php</b> on line <b>461

It turns out I had one too many brackets on that line from the coding change that I did.  When I fixed the code, then went back to my logbook in SIM ACARS and clicked the green airplane to send the log again, this time it went through with no errors.

So, those of you getting the messages "Report from logbook This flight is already reported to the web system" and "During data transmission some data inconsistency was found. Please close any program consuming huge bandwidth of your network and report again" should have your pilots check for error messages in their SIM ACARS Critical Events section on the Flight Data tab.  The real issue might be listed there.

Relating to what I said earlier, another thing to check is the code down near the bottom of receivevampirep.php and look for these lines:

// Send mail to the staff
      $type='VAM ACARS';
      //$mail = new vam_mailer();
      //$mail->mail_flight_report_compose($gvauser_id,$type,$dep,$arr);
      $ok='OK';
      $ok=preg_replace('/\s+/', '',$ok);
      echo $ok;

As you can see, I've commented out the two lines that start with $mail because at the moment, I'm developing and have no mail server setup.  If I uncommented those two lines, I'd get these errors again.  If you don't have your mail server setup correctly or aren't using one and SIM ACARS gives you those two error messages, try commenting out these two lines.

Cheers,
Glen

that is the fix only if you have not modified the php files that get data from SIM ACARS. If an admin modify those php and introduces an error same issue will happen.
For SIM ACARS 1.5 in case of error while sync the flight the error message will be better.

Thanks for your help in the forum
VAM Creator and programmer.

Inter-Wings VA

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 08:59:07 PM »
Thank you guys for your help! Will try it!  :)

AUT2112

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 09:27:11 PM »
Hi all.

I was experiencing the same issue.

My database is a MariaDB. I ran the below SQL:

SET GLOBAL sql_mode = 'TRADITIONAL'

and it was solved!

Regards
Emilio
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 09:39:52 PM by AUT2112 »