Author Topic: Administration panel error  (Read 625 times)

justme1003

• View Profile
Administration panel error
« on: September 27, 2017, 06:52:35 PM »
I currently us phpvms and thinking about switching. I cuurently have it installed. When i loging with default info vam100 pass 123456. Go to adminitration i get error not found...

I have a vps running win 2016 server pledk 17.1 and IIS

I have and edited .htaccess and still no luch
See at http://70.35.201.70/vamcore this a test site befor a setup the actual one if we switch. Please help!!!

OAV001

• View Profile
    • Open Air Virtual
Re: Administration panel error
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 08:01:34 PM »
Hi,

I think there is something wrong with your directory structure. Or perhaps it is a rights thing.

Can you go to you website and into the main dir where you have installed VAM. Open een DOS  box there and then type: dir /s > vamdir.txt and add that as attachement to your reply?

Cheers,

Peter Faase
CEO / Webmaster Open Air Virtual
http://www.openairvirtual.eu

justme1003

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 08:54:52 PM »

OAV001

• View Profile
    • Open Air Virtual
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 07:40:14 AM »
Thanks!

there is something wrong with your files. I am missing {ROOT}\vamcore\app\Controller directory for example.

So I suggest you re-install or re-extract the files from the archive again, after downloading a fresh file.

Cheers,

Peter Faase
CEO / Webmaster Open Air Virtual
http://www.openairvirtual.eu

justme1003

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 02:48:30 PM »
vamcore/app dirrectory is there.

When i install it i extract all on my desktop them more to there server. did the same thing when install phpvms as well.

There a issue running Vam on a windows server? someone was telling me they thought is was to do with rewrite mode.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 02:50:30 PM by justme1003 »

lordofwings

• View Profile
    • Lord of Wings Flight Simulation
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2017, 11:12:38 PM »
I have a related problem with the Administration panel too on a fresh installation of 2.6.2. The panel appears as if it was written in the ages of HTML 1.0 when stylesheets did not exist and formatting was very basic. I get kind of a raw listing of non-selectable options/modules and at the bottom a few links like List Hub, etc. (just 3 links). Everything in the administration panel is inoperable except adding a Hub and that just barely because all you get is a form with fields and no indication of units or anything.
Twitter: @lordofwingsPTY

VAM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virtual Airlines Manager
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2017, 03:28:36 PM »
I have a related problem with the Administration panel too on a fresh installation of 2.6.2. The panel appears as if it was written in the ages of HTML 1.0 when stylesheets did not exist and formatting was very basic. I get kind of a raw listing of non-selectable options/modules and at the bottom a few links like List Hub, etc. (just 3 links). Everything in the administration panel is inoperable except adding a Hub and that just barely because all you get is a form with fields and no indication of units or anything.

Sorry but I do not agree on that, cakephp framework in that versionis too far away from HTML 1.0 as you said, the problem is on your server due to many VA do not have any issue with admin panel.
VAM Creator and programmer.

lordofwings

• View Profile
    • Lord of Wings Flight Simulation
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 05:02:38 PM »
I have to disagree in that the software works for others does not necessarily means it is 100% foolproof, that is why bugs exist. I have a default install and my admin panel shows completely unformatted. I wanted to upload a screenshot but the forum software does not let me upload anything. There must be something wrong with it, you are the developer so you must have some idea of what could be the problem. I am not saying it is bad software or anything, I am just saying my installation is exhibiting a problem (very valid for ANY software installation) and that I need help in getting it resolved.
Twitter: @lordofwingsPTY

VAM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virtual Airlines Manager
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 03:43:22 PM »
I have to disagree in that the software works for others does not necessarily means it is 100% foolproof, that is why bugs exist. I have a default install and my admin panel shows completely unformatted. I wanted to upload a screenshot but the forum software does not let me upload anything. There must be something wrong with it, you are the developer so you must have some idea of what could be the problem. I am not saying it is bad software or anything, I am just saying my installation is exhibiting a problem (very valid for ANY software installation) and that I need help in getting it resolved.

it looks the issue is on your server, maybe permission issues . Are you able to test  VAM in other server or in a local installation? if yes then you can compare both server and find the root of the issue.
VAM Creator and programmer.