Author Topic: Taxi to gate  (Read 796 times)

Timothee

• View Profile
Taxi to gate
« on: May 02, 2017, 09:01:31 PM »
Hey

What exactly triggers the taxi to gate message in SIM ACARS? Is it time based after touchdown or speed indicated?
I am asking because I get a taxi speed penalty quite often immediately after the taxi to gate message. I would need to brake unrealisticly hard to avoid a taxi speed penalty.

Ernani Ferreira

• View Profile
Re: Taxi to gate
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 03:45:32 PM »
From what I understand, after the speed of 40 kt the Sim understands that he started the taxi, then from there he monitors the speed, for example: When you enter the track, even if it is backtrack, it can not exceed 25kt if it is not punished By speeding.

VAM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virtual Airlines Manager
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 09:44:21 PM »
Hey

What exactly triggers the taxi to gate message in SIM ACARS? Is it time based after touchdown or speed indicated?
I am asking because I get a taxi speed penalty quite often immediately after the taxi to gate message. I would need to brake unrealisticly hard to avoid a taxi speed penalty.

I need to review that part, now I do not have the code in front of me, but the high level vier of this functionality is: once a landing is detected + you reached x speed if you have a GS>25 it will detect as excesive taxi speed
VAM Creator and programmer.

Timothee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 01:11:32 PM »
In this case it would be nice if you could rewrite that part a bit. For example if landing detected + GS<=25 triggers taxi to gate, it would prevent a taxi speed penalty during rollout.
At the moment I assume it's not based on GS.